Tableau Online Training
Tableau 10.2 (Desktop, Server / Online, Public, Reader, Mobile)
1. What is Tableau? What are the Tableau versions?
2. What are the Tableau products and what is use of each product?
3. Installing the Tableau desktop 10.2 and explore the new features of Tableau 10.2
1.Recomonded Tables and Joins2. Pdf file connector3. Automatic Query Caching
4.Tableau Bridge5. Web Authoring with Menu and Story points
6. Data Alerts
4. Explore different data sources in Tableau
5. Connecting to sample store excel file and verify the different options
(1. Joins with Calculations, Cross Database joins& Data blending2. filters 3. Live vs. Extract –file save as. TDE 4. Sorting 5. Rename, hide, Aliases 6. Metadata 7. Colour symbols 8. Data type change 9. Describe 10. Pivot 11. Split/Custom Split 12. Calculated field, Groups, Bin, 13. DB Unions)
6. Know about Tableau designingshelves (
1. Data Panel 2. Analyticspanel 3. Rows/Columns 4. Show Me Control 5. Filters 6. Marks( Colour, Size, Text/Label, Tooltip, Detail and Shape)8. Pages)
Connecting to MS SQL Server &Data blending
7. Connect to SQL server database and write the custom SQL query to prepare data
8. Whatis data blending and what are the basic requirements to do data blending
9. Creating Sets with different options and how to use sets in the report.
10. Use of Highlighter in the report
11. Creating Hierarchies, add members to hierarchies and removing hierarchies
12. Create Cross Tab report withrow/column grand totals
How to show the numerical result into percentage format in cross tab report?
13. Formatting the report and Formatting workbook (All reports at a time)
14. How to create trend line, forecast reports and Clustering?
15. How to create Dual axis, Dual map and Blended axis reports
16. How to create KPI report including parameters. Also change images
17. How to create a reference line with Analytics panel?
18. What is dashboard and how to create dashboard in Tableau.
19. What is story point and how to create story point sheets
20. How to publish the Data source, tableau workbooks to Tableau Server?
21. What is action and how many types of actions in Tableau. How to create actions.
22. What is user filter and how to apply user/group row level security to the data
23. String level functions: Left, right, lower, upper, ltrim, rtrim, trim, len, replace
24. Date functions: Date, date time, isdate
25. Numeric functions: int, float
26. Programing functions: iif, case
27. Aggregate functions: sum, min, max, avg, count, countd
28. User functions: fullname, isfullname, username, isusername, ismemberof
29. Help Links
Tableau books in PDF: http://www.tableau.com/support/help
Tableau drivers: http://www.tableau.com/support/drivers
i. Ipad/Iphone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tableau-mobile/id434633927?mt=8
Drop a mail email@example.com we will get in touch with u